The Academy of International Studies’ vision is:
“To provide an alternative learning choice for students of Hamtramck, Highland Parks, Detroit and other nearby communities to connect families to the local and international community. AIS will achieve the vision by ensuring national academic achievement for all students.”
Academy of International Studies also has:
- School leaders who are state certified and passionate about global education and rigorous academic standards.
- A strong ELL (English language Learner) department to help all our students succeed and enhance their home language!
- Only 25 students per classroom – so every student will get the attention he or she needs.
- Handicap accessible classrooms and public areas so there are no limitations.
- Newly restored gymnasium where students learn health and wellness and are encouraged to enjoy physical activity, have fun and develop a life long love of healthy living.
- Before and After school care programs
- An award winning curriculum that based on national standards.
- C.A.R.E.S: Character, Accountability, Responsibility, Excellence, Service. Our Character education program will teach our youngsters what it means to CARE, for themselves, those around them and their environment.
- State of the Art Technology: AIS is furnished with the technology that will provide our students the tools they need to best utilize their particular learning styles. Language labs, smart boards, Wi-Fi access to online resources and connectivity to other schools both nationally and internationally, will provide our students with unparalleled advantages that will prepare them for an ever increasing digital and virtual world.